how to fix "no bootable device" when use system recovery

[ Edited ]

plz help me

hp pavilion dv4 windows vista

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 3 (1,688 Views)

Re: how to fix "no bootable device" when use system recovery

Welcome the HP users forum.  Perhaps some additional information?  Usually that message indicates the hard drive has failed or the OS has lost it's way.  Please explain what, when, and why.  What where you trying to do when this message appeared?  When did it appear? (what step of whatever you were attempting).  Why was system recovery being called upon and how was it accessed?

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 3 (1,686 Views)

Re: how to fix "no bootable device" when use system recovery

Please identify your notebook/pc with more than the series number. Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker. Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following image.

c01931836.gif

Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit)

As soon as you press the power button start tapping the F10 key. That will get you into BIOS. I can't say precisely where in BIOS to go since you didn't identify you notebook well. Look for Boot options and select the hard disk as the first or second boot option. Save the change and restart the notebook.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation