04-03-2011 07:51 AM
Welcome the HP users forum. Perhaps some additional information? Usually that message indicates the hard drive has failed or the OS has lost it's way. Please explain what, when, and why. What where you trying to do when this message appeared? When did it appear? (what step of whatever you were attempting). Why was system recovery being called upon and how was it accessed?
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}
This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
04-03-2011 07:53 AM
Please identify your notebook/pc with more than the series number. Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker. Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following image.
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit)
As soon as you press the power button start tapping the F10 key. That will get you into BIOS. I can't say precisely where in BIOS to go since you didn't identify you notebook well. Look for Boot options and select the hard disk as the first or second boot option. Save the change and restart the notebook.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)