Question

Student
crizstine
Message 1 of 4 (1,338 Views)

how to fix the sound for my hp pavilion zv6000 laptop

could somebody tell me how and where to fix/download the sound for my hp pavilion zv6000???

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 4 (1,330 Views)

Re: how to fix the sound for my hp pavilion zv6000 laptop

Not much information to go on, but I think this is your sound driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-29888-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

What exactly is wrong with your sound. One fix is to try reinstalling the driver or try choosing a Windows restore point where it was working.

Teacher
JAZZER
Message 3 of 4 (1,320 Views)

hi,

try uninstalling the sound software from the control panel --> add or remove programs / programs and features and try reinstalling it from

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp29501-30000/sp29873.exe

say thanks by hitting star or kudos

Intern
RichVarsay
Message 4 of 4 (453 Views)

I think there is driver incompatibility issue with your laptop. Simply go to 'Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative tools -> Computer management -> Device manager'. Now find here 'Sound, video and game controllers', right-click on your sound device and select 'Properties'. Now click 'Driver' tab and check that what driver is currently installed and it is working properly or not... Update the audio driver now still the device says it is working properly because sometime the driver might be causing this problem. Don't forget to restart you laptop after successfully installed new driver.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation