how to install windows xp and mac os x operation to pavilion dv6-6140tx laptop. (1167 Views)
Top Student
vvishu9
Message 1 of 19 (1,167 Views)

how to install windows xp and mac os x operation to pavilion dv6-6140tx laptop.

Hi is it possible to install window xp to my laptop.

and i need an windows xp drivers but i didn't get it from the hp softwares and drivers..

please help me out in this 

i need to install windows xp an ubuntu for my software project,,

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 19 (1,143 Views)

Re: how to install windows xp and mac os x operation to pavilion dv6-6140tx laptop.

[ Edited ]

Its quite a project to install 2 more operating systems on a HP notebook.

1. There are 4 primary partitions already on the hard drive, so this complicates things, you will have to do some magic to be able to create 1 or more additional partitions without damaging the 4 that are already there. See this page

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-questions/How-to-repartition-HDD-of-HP-notebook-with-...

2. Another minor Option is to make your HP recovery media and test boot it to be sure it works properly, once that is done you can delete the D: (Recovery Partition) then format it, once this is done you will still need to follow the instructions above to make a 5th partition.

Once all partitions are made properly, you will have to move some free space from the C: partition to the other partitions to make room for the OS's and you will have to use a 3rd party partition tool to do this correctly. Then you will have to use some sort of bootloader to manage all the partitions and booting operations, Grub is always recommended for this.

3. This is a large project and if you have never done this before it is almost guaranteed things will go wrong the first few attempts, so back up your personal data to an external drive and be sure to Make Your HP Recovery discs Before you start this project.

How to make HP Recovery media

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01867124

Top Student
vvishu9
Message 3 of 19 (1,131 Views)

Re: how to install windows xp and mac os x operation to pavilion dv6-6140tx laptop.

Thank u so much this information is very usefull to me...

i need to install windows xp-2. so is it possible to install xp service pack 2..

and i need drivers for that.and i search in hp software and drivers in the drivers available for only windows 7 ( 32 bit ),windows 7 ( 64 bit ) operating system, so please provide me the drivers and softwares for xp service pack 2..

my model number is

hp pavilion dv6-6140tx notebook

Thanks regards

vishwanath K G 

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 19 (1,123 Views)

See this guide for installing XP drivers and that model, not an easy task

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-systems-and/General-XP-Downgrade-Guide-for-HP-Laptop...

Top Student
vvishu9
Message 5 of 19 (1,114 Views)

Re: how to install windows XP-SP2 to pavilion dv6-6140tx laptop.

Thanks for providing me a Drivers... 

And the Major Problem is in my notebook i am trying to install the 

windows XP-SP2 but it is not taking...

In other laptops i install xp by changing the harddisk type ACHI to IDE and it take xp..

and in some other laptop it show the three option.. ACHI IDE RAID these are the three types..

In my hp pavilion dv6-6140tx how to change the hard disk type...

and i tried in the boot screen it is not showing that option..

Please guide me how to install xp service pack 2.

just show me how to install XP-SP2 to my notbook

please i need solutio asfast as possible because some of my software not supporting for windows 7.

Thanks Regards

Vishwanath K G

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 19 (1,111 Views)

Did you read any of the link I posted it has full instructions

Top Student
vvishu9
Message 7 of 19 (1,097 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes a go through the above link... by adding sata drivers into xp bootable cd and trying to install but still it in not taking the oerating system....

and one more question what happen if i delete the partion which come along with the computer at first the partion name is recovery(D),

and one more problem is the except partation c: 

the partation's are not accepting the os if am do means, only the partation c: accepts the os other partation will not..

why i need a solution for that..

I need solution for

1) To instal xp-2

2) How to change the hard disk mode

3) What i need to do for instal os in other partation except c:

4) I need a steps how to install mac os x. and which version of mac os suitable for my  laptop

My model name HP Pvilion DV6-6140tx

Serial Number:  [Personal Information Removed]

Please Help me out..

Regards

Vishwanath K G

Top Student
vvishu9
Message 8 of 19 (1,075 Views)

Yes i go through the above link... by adding sata drivers into xp bootable cd and trying to install but still it in not taking the oerating system....

and one more question what happen if i delete the partion which come along with the computer at first the partion name is recovery(D),

and one more problem is the except partation c: 

the partation's are not accepting the os if am do means, only the partation c: accepts the os other partation will not..

why i need a solution for that..

I need solution for

1) To instal xp-2

2) How to change the hard disk mode

3) What i need to do for instal os in other partation except c:

4) I need a steps how to install mac os x. and which version of mac os suitable for my  laptop

My model name HP Pvilion DV6-6140tx

Serial Number:  [Personal Information Removed]

Please Help me out..

Regards

Vishwanath K G

Top Student
vvishu9
Message 9 of 19 (1,063 Views)

Hi.. please help me some one

Top Student
iquemans
Message 10 of 19 (1,053 Views)

i tried in the boot screen it is not showing that option.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation