Question

Honor Student
BansheeHunter
Message 1 of 5 (890 Views)

hp 2000-2b09wm corrupted bios not booting

Hello,

I have tried a few a of the suggestions from other forums.

restarting the system with the Win key and B pressed down.

removing the CMOS battery - doesn't work in my system.

removing CMOS battery and laptop battery and waiting 10 mins - get me to an error screen does not allow anything except a reboot. This only brings me back to blank screen with flashing cap locks 2 in series.

The Blank screen happened after I tried to flash the Bios and now I am stuck sitting on a HP laptop.

Teacher
Hasan_M
Message 2 of 5 (874 Views)

Re: hp 2000-2b09wm corrupted bios not booting

Hi,

From what you said, I understand that the PC got issues after you try to flash the BIOS. The possibility is that the BIOS is corrupted and it might require a service from HP Service Center where they can rectify the BIOS issue. If the PC is still in warranty, please contact HP Support and arrange for a repair at the earliest.

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
Honor Student
BansheeHunter
Message 3 of 5 (858 Views)

Is that the best answer you can give, are you Tier 1 support?

this would probably be a Tier 2 support person, directing people back to HP is really helpful to many of us.

I think we  could have came up with that answer in a second. the ones that are trying to solve themselves to gain some knoldge would seek more information.

can't you seek help from someone higher than the position you have for a useful answer?

I get better help from Dell on issues than contact our company so we can deal with it  for you. and maybe charge you for it... Maybe....

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 5 (840 Views)

Hello BansheeHunter,

Please take a look at this document, which provides info regarding restoring your BIOS. Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Student
Deodrick20
Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)

Hey look I tried this so meny times and my computer just ant acting it keep say.
Boot device not found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk.
Hard Disk (3F0)
F2 system diagnostics
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation