hp 550 vista reinstall help (1192 Views)
Student
1ntense
Message 1 of 2 (1,192 Views)

hp 550 vista reinstall help

I seem to have aquired a virus on my hp 550 running vista home premium the other day, it infected everything including my anti virus (AVG) I had a look and the laptop didnt seem to come with a recovery disc.

I managaed to find one that came with my Dell PC so tried installing that, from what I remember doing installs before, you can go into the bios menu and delete the operating system that was on it before. There doesnt seem to be an option to get into bios though.

When I installled the new version, it said something about keeping the other copy on there. It went thought the steps to reinstall, when it finished the last stage called 'completing' I just got a black screen so switched off manually.

When I restarted, windows wouldnt start up at all.

Now Ive got no idea what to do and am sitting on a laptop that I cant get to work.

Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Danny

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 2 (1,180 Views)

Re: hp 550 vista reinstall help

[ Edited ]

The only solution here is to order some proper recovery discs from HP for your specific model. This will also format the hard drive and wipe out the virus if it's still there.

Next time this happens, go back to a restore point on your machine before the virus. This is a common solution if you were to have taken it to a repair shop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation