Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LW217UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm currently having issues with the HP connection manager. I finally managed to get the application to install on windows 10. Now whenever I open up hp connection manager I receive a message that states "HP Connection service not installed. Application will exit." So for this reason I am unable to turn my wireless connection on computer. This issue occured as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10.

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

me same problem, does somoene as a solution ?

HP Recommended

I can't even het it installed.. I removed the signatures for it to be unsigned, but it still does not install.. .

I cannot use my Broadband 3G module as I dont have Connection manager... Hp Elitebook 8540p.

Please help 😞

HP Recommended
You have to unlock the hidden administrator. Then install HP connection manager within the hidden administrator account first. Then you got disable the account and go back into your regular signin account.
HP Recommended

ok but which version of HP connection manager did you install? can you give the download link? or can I use the on on the HP Driver download page for my 8540p? 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
When you get in the hidden admin account go to local disk(c:) swsetup/hpcm4 folder and the application for the HP connection manager install will be in there
HP Recommended

ok I followed the instruction, after install, I get message, HP Connection manager services not installed.... ?

HP Recommended
Yeah which is the issue that I'm having currently. It seems as if we have to wait for HP to make updates to the HP connection manager. I already went down to windows 7 until things get fixed. I'm sorry it didn't work for you though. Was hoping that it was just me.
HP Recommended

arrrg... hell.... ok thanks bud... I think I shoudl also go back to Win7 rather... can One roll back without any issues? did you have to install or fix anything after the rollback?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.