Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

no. nothing personal. i understand where you are coming from. i have been in this forum silently lurking and searching for answers since i got this laptop in february, so i know exactly what you are saying and i have tried nearly every one of the solutions and fixes. and immedietly after each one, the problem would come back. im not in my feelings about this. like i said, i cant force anyone to do this fix. all i know is that its the only thing that has helped me. but try it. instead of getting on here to doubt it, try it for yourself. then report back with your findings. thats really the only way you are going to dispute that this is in fact a working fix.

HP Recommended

Hello there! I've also been in these forums (or post to be more precise) since forever, and I've also seen a lot of us come up with solutions that later proved to be only temporary fixes.

In my case, like some others, I solved the issue only changing completely the model of my HP. 

Anyways, I really like this solution, sounds at least like something different and makes sense. My only question is just this: How can this fix the problem if in my case at soime point a technician changed the whole trackpad and put it back, and others have also unscrewed the trackpad and puti it back with no luck at all? (the chances of over-tightening the screws again when putting it back are very small i think). 

HP Recommended

Having same touchpad problem.Waiting for real solution.

BTW my problem always hapens most of the time when i press the left pad button.

HP Recommended

I can confirm 100% that this is an actual solution for most trackpads having issues. It does require a full disassembly of the unit including mainboard removal. Both brackets that hold the trackpad in must have their screws loosened and then tightened only to the point that they do not move freely.  These are actually wonderful models, if not assembled a bit cheap. HP, you need to do more testing of your in-production units. Or at least build a sturdier touchpad, one that doesn't bow from such little pressure. Or maybe brackets that cover a larger, even, surface area. There is reputation to be earned here with a little more QA.

This solution may not work for everyone, but my guess is that if it doesn't work for you, your trackpad is permanently damaged from the bracket pressure. Buy a new one and dig in I guess.

This issue has plagued me from day one, so it is nice to finally put it to rest. Cheers!

HP Recommended

im really glad that this solution worked for you. im STILL going strong on this solution , but most people seem to think that i need to wait potentially 3 months before it is 'confirmed' as a solution. maybe more people will hop onboard and just go ahead with this fix. I mean, the only thing you have to lose is time, if you dont completely hack up your laptop. anyways, thanx for yet ANOTHER confirmation of my solution. if you dont mind, thumbs up the original solution post so that more people can see it as a true solution to the trackpad issues we all have been having.

HP Recommended

Friends ... I decided to dismantle my laptop to test other possible solution to this problem, and you believe ....? !!!! I am extremely happy .... it took me one hour was a success ... but my problem was solved automatically ... and worked all day with the touchpad ... and very happy ... no problem .... thank you very much for your tremendous contribution ...

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::heart:

HP Recommended

I have had this latpop since Christmas.  I have tried every solution in this forum to no avail.  The laptop was pretty much useless to me.  I also tried differenet operating systems; Windows 7,8.1, 10 and even Ubuntu.  I had a strong feeling the problem was hardware related, when I would hold down the left Alt or left Windows key, it would cause my mouse to jump all around.

I decided to try loosining the brackets (I had nothing to lose).  So far this fix has been flawless.  I wanted to sign up for this forum and personally thank the gentleman that shared this fix with the community.  

HP Recommended

Hey, it's been a few months since I posted on this thread and my HP Envy's touchpad still works. Ever since I carefully reinstalled the Control Zone touchpad back into the laptop, I wasn't sure what had gotten it working again; it looks like it really was the screws after all.

Glad to see some people were also able to solve this problem, although I'd be happier if the laptop's touchpad had worked more reliably, and how I'd expect it to, in the first place.

(Off-topic)

If you have Windows 10 and your Synaptics touchpad settings keep changing back to default after restarting, and you don't want this to happen, you might have to edit your PC's registry if you really want to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install\DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade

Follow this path to an entry named "DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade" and change its value to the number 0

I found this solution online and will share it here since it's related to the same hardware by Synaptics.

HP Recommended

i can confirm that windows 10 solves this touchpad issue . i have been using windows 10 since it came out as a free upgrade . i would advice every one with hp m6 n012dx laptops to upgrade to win 10 . 
i am really enjoying the laptop now . 

HP Recommended

I just wanted to come back and report how my laptop is doing. i know i said i would report back if there was any issues... the fact is, THERE ISNT... my laptop has worked flawlessly since i did the fix i shared with all of you... just wanted to let the naysayers hear it again since i didnt wait long enough for this fix to fail...

so @mikey32230 and @Jeff_HPEnvy here you go... ill make sure to come back again in a few months to tell you that my laptop is STILL functioning as it was intended to, despite the fact that i use it every day for extended periods of time...

your welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.