Question

Top Student
marv77
Message 1 of 5 (4,298 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp digital imaging monitor icon

how do I restore hp digital imaging icon to system tray...it is not listed with other icons

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 5 (4,254 Views)

Re: hp digital imaging monitor icon

Welcome to the forum.

You didn't way what kind of operating system you have or what model of computer you have in front of you - I'll give you some information for Windows 7 and see if that helps.  You can provide the info needed and fill in the blanks or maybe this will be enough to bring joy.  :smileyhappy:

Most systems will default to hiding most of the Taskbar icons unless you tell them to stay on.

There are a couple of ways to get a hold of the Taskbar icons, depending on your OS...

Down in the Taskbar by the Taskbar icons that you CAN see, right click to open "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties"

Down in the middle is the "Notification Area" - click "Customize"

BEFORE you click "Always Show All Icons",

Scroll down and find your Imaging Icon - click on it and select that you want to see it All the time!

THEN, if you want everything to show up, then click "Always Show All Icons"

You may get a message that the icon is not active and that it will show up when it is active the next time...

Now, here's the thing:  You can have it all, or most of the icons will stay hidden.  When they are not "active" and the "Always" box is not checked, they icons will disappear.  Even if you have "Always show" checked, some stuff won't come back right away - the service has to be active at some point for the icon to show up.

taskbar_customize1.PNG

taskbar_customize2.PNG

NOTE: 

If you cannot get to the Taskbar menu from down by the Taskbar icons,

then Right-click on your Start button,

select properties and then Taskbar --- and continue as shown above.

Hope this is enough to help.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
marv77
Message 3 of 5 (4,248 Views)

I am using windows 7 on my laptop(identical to wife's) when I go to icons and notifications the icon is not there..Could this occured when i downloaded hp software...we are using same printer..her icon appears and is working correctly..

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 5 (4,242 Views)

OK, yes, the change (loss of icon/software) could have happened due to a software change (install, reinstall, whatnot).

The icon (on my system) is representative of the HP Solution Center software and controls our printer.

First check to see if the software is on your system at all:

Start --> in the search bar, type "HP Solution Center" --> if you see it, click on it. 

IF you have the software in search: You can right-click on it and "Pin it to the Start menu or Task bar" and/or "Send it" to the Desktop (make a shortcut).

What about the icon in the Taskbar?

Here's the thing, I'm not sure how to "reconnect" the software to your Taskbar, even if you still have the Solution Center.

You can at least use the software if you have it.

What to try:

I'd try this:  Re-install the "full package" software that controls your printer - that is, the Solution Center that includes all the 'bells and whistles' on your printer; the hp digital imaging icon in the task bar should pop back into place.

Here's the link...  You'll need to select Windows 7 and provide your printer information.

Needed information and instructions are included.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02463264&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N976

If you end up having to download your printer software package:

As I recall, the download size can be hefty (our j6400 series printer software was substantial) - if you have a slow connection, do this during "off hours" and when you are not taxing your bandwidth.

Graphic:

Opening the Hp Digital Imaging Monitor --> to the HP Solution Center (Printer Control Panel)

hp_digital_imaging_monitor-solution_center.PNG

Hope this helps!

Mark as Solved if it works so others can benefit!

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
marv77
Message 5 of 5 (4,217 Views)

hp recommended download did not resolve problem.  however, full package download worked after uninstalling previous download. everything workin fine!!!  (icon and all)  THANKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation