Question

Honor Student
idolrin
Message 1 of 4 (1,198 Views)

hp dv2500t/dv200 fingerprint reader driver for windows 7 help!!!!!!!

after upgrate my HP Pavilion dv200t from windows vista to windows 7, my pc fingerprint ready "doesn't work", aways said can not catch the fingerprint no matter how fast or slow my finger moves.. please help me find the way to fix it. i like win7 better then vista!

thanks everyone!!

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 4 (1,182 Views)

Re: hp dv2500t/dv200 fingerprint reader driver for windows 7 help!!!!!!!

Hello idolrin.  I understand that after upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 you are unable to get your fingerprint reader to work properly.  Is this correct?

The fingerprint reader was designed and configured for use on your notebook for Windows Vista and these drivers will not work in Windows 7.  So to start you'll need to uninstall the old drivers and install the correct Windows 7 drivers.  Now, your product's Software and Drivers page does NOT list Windows 7 as an option.  However, the software is available for download for Windows 7.  I will just need to determine exactly which piece of hardware is inside your notebook.

Could you please provide me with the full product number?  This document can show you how to locate it.  Also, are you using the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7?

Once I have your product number I provide the next few steps.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Honor Student
idolrin
Message 3 of 4 (1,176 Views)

thanks for helping me!!  i am using the windows 7 64bit and the system product is HP Pavilion dv2500, product number is GN169AV#ABA,  I did try to iinstall the lastest fingerprint reader driver, and the latest software, but. after that, the reader can not recognize any fingerprint. .... need help....

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 4 of 4 (1,163 Views)

Hello again idolrin.  It seems you have an Authentec Fingerprint Reader.  Unfortunately, they no longer make the Windows 7 drivers available on their site.  I was able to locate the driver for download elsewhere.

Before using this driver I would like to make sure Windows is not able to pull the drivers from Windows Update.  I want you to remove the driver from Device Manager and reboot to see if Windows will reinstall. 

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Expand the section labeled "Biometrics."  Do you see the fingerprint reader installed?  If so, right click and uninstall.
  3. Reboot the notebook and allow Windows to install the driver.
  4. If you do not see a fingerprint reader or a section labeled "Biometrics," you'll need to install this driver.  After the installation reboot your notebook and verify that your fingerprint reader is listed under "Biometrics."
  5. If Windows is able to install the driver, or if you are able to see the device after installing the driver yourself, you'll need the software to use the fingerprint reader.  Here is a link to the Digital Persona Fingerprint Reader Software for Windows 7 32- and 64-bit.  
  6. Install this, reboot, and verify the functionality.

I hope you find this helpful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation