Re: hp envy dv 6 (162 Views)
Honor Student
panduraj3069
Message 1 of 4 (179 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp envy dv 6

hi i recently bought my hp envy  dv6
i  registered my index finger in hp simplepass(fingerprint reader)
when i was installing my first software it asked for my finger print
after that it is asking for elevation
WHAT IS MEANT BY THIS ELEVATION
plssss tell me......

PhD Student
WaseemW
Message 2 of 4 (171 Views)

Re: hp envy dv 6

Hi,

Elevation means you need install the application with Admin Rights - authorization to install app on PC.

here is some more information. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/the-requested-operation-requires-el...

hope this answers your question.

Good Luck !!!

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
Honor Student
panduraj3069
Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

it is the reply to the solution u hav given
sir my OS is windows 8 
plss explain it in detail
how to authorize to install the apps

PhD Student
WaseemW
Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)

Hi,

settings are same for windows 7 and 8. you need to Launch Control Panel from windows (metro) mode. now In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do the following:

• To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK. Administrator permission requiredIf you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

once UAC is disabled. The security setting is already set to 'Elevate Without Prompting'. you should not receive the UAC prompting when installing programs or making changes in Administrative Tools.

all you need to do is, while installing any application, right click on the installer application and click "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR".

Good Luck !!!!

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation