Question

j_o Tutor
Tutor
j_o
Message 31 of 36 (469 Views)

Re: hp envy x2 windows 8.1 preview sleep of death

I take it back; older driver had its own problem which made it unusable.  I did manage to get 1165 installed, but it still wasn't perfect.  Windows Update installed a NEW graphics driver this morning: v9.14.3.1176; this driver is good!  Yay!  All fixed!

Top Student
Tearstone
Message 32 of 36 (465 Views)

That is good news! Thank you for reporting the result of the new driver update.

Intern
goodintentions
Message 33 of 36 (449 Views)

Please understand I'm not frustrated with the driver not functioning properly.  I'm frustrated with the apparent pretenses coming from the tech support people.  In my previous career, I worked in tech.  Our company once rolled out a device that we quickly discovered had a software flaw.  The phone calls started coming in when people began to notice the flaw.  Our tech support people knew this flaw all too well, but they pretended like they had never heard of it everytime.  Looks like the same thing had been happening here.

I went into the device manager and did an update to the graphics driver.  Hopefully this will solve it.

And please stop pretending like you've never heard of this problem. 

Honor Student
ThomaF
Message 34 of 36 (78 Views)

I'm having the same issues. While it occured shortly after Windows 8.1 was installed, I have been suspecting the HP fix to the headphones jack on the keyboard base.

In any case, I'm not experiencing the problem when my device isn't connected to the keyboard base.

My specific problem: When connected to the base and powered on, it flashes on briefly and then the screen goes blank. I then need to hold the 'on' button for a length of time, and then restart it. It then functions normally. 

My unit is an Envy x2 10us product number: C2K61UA#ABA

HP - can you fix this?

ThomaF

Tutor
evonevo
Message 35 of 36 (67 Views)

Have you tried updating drivers ?

Most (if not all) problems Win 8.1 +  Envy x2 have been resolved.

At least mine are.

Regards

E

Honor Student
ThomaF
Message 36 of 36 (56 Views)

re: have you updated drivers

The update routine reports that everything is up to date. Still the problem persists...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation