Question

Tutor
mrturbo85
Message 1 of 4 (1,884 Views)

hp mediasmart dvd-bluray

i cant get my dv7-1262us notebook to play blurays after switching to windows 7 ultimate,from vista home premium. ive done the mediasmart update,bios update, and still no luck. under device with removable storage it shows what movie is in drive d: but none of the programs play it. cyberlink power dvd9 did play a movie once i then switched it to see if it was a movie problem. i never got it to play again. anyhelp would be greatly appreciated
MFS Honor Student
Honor Student
MFS
Message 2 of 4 (1,831 Views)

Re: hp mediasmart dvd-bluray

I am having the same problem with my dv7-2173cl after upgrading to Windows 7 Home Premium.  The W7 compatibility checker told me to uninstall MediaSmart before the W7 upgrade, which I did.  I then downloaded what is supposed to be a W7 compatible version of HP MediaSmart from the HP website (SP14575) but when I try to install it I just get an error message that says "Error applying transforms.  Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.  C:\HP\tmp\src\1033.mst"  I read on another thread that HP was aware of this problem and was "working on it".   You might try downloading SP14575 from the HP website and see if it will install correctiy for you.  I would be interested to know if you have any luck with it.
MFS Honor Student
Honor Student
MFS
Message 3 of 4 (1,803 Views)

OK, I have spent most of the weekend researching this on the web and try various solutions.  Here isa solution that has worked well on my Pavillion dv7-2173cl after a Win7 Home Premium upgrade from Vista Home Premium left my DVD player totally non-functional.  First, by way of background, the MediaSmart DVD software that HP provides on its download site is apparently an HP licensed version of CyberlinkPower DVD player.  Specifically, it is version 7 of the Cyberlink DVD player, which Cyberlink says is NOT compatible with Windows 7 regardless of what it says on the HP website.  That is why everyone is having problems with their HP DVD player and Win7.  However, the current version 9 of Cyberlink Powre DVD palyer IS fully Win7 compatible.  So I downloaded a free 30 day trail version of of Cyberlinnk Power DVD 9 at the following link http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd/download_en_US.html instyalled it, and now everything isworking great on my laptop.  I can now play both regular DVD's and Bluray Disks with no problems. In 30 days, if HP has not provided a workable solution, I will buy Power DVD 9, or Imight buy it today, as they currently have it on sale for $30 off (sale ends 11/30/09).  Since the trial version is free, you can give it a shot, and if it doesn't work for some reason, it didn't cost you anything.  Hope this helps! 
Honor Student
bpojb
Message 4 of 4 (1,759 Views)

thanks for the info.  still doesnt work for me.  i cant get cyberlink to load and the drive is still listed as bd-rom.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation