06-28-2009 11:14 AM
I ran a hard disk non-destructive restore on an hp pavilion dv5000 (2006 model) XP for my Aunt. It gets to the second splash screen for windows XP with a please wait message. The mouse moves but it never gets pass this point. Power reboot in safe mode only tells me windows set-up is not complete. anyone know why my set-up never completes? System was working before but had a few problems, and Aunt never took backups so I need to boot up, to at least get info off before trying desructive recovery! looks like it is trying to reinstall XP home service pack 2. I let the system sit at the please wait messsage overnight also, mouse moves , disk activity for a while then no disk activity.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)