Question

Honor Student
velikoros
Message 1 of 4 (135 Views)

hp pavilion 15 Factory default is 1 working partition on HDD. How can I divide it into 2 or more?

I bought hp pavilion 15-e061sr  with Win8 preinstalled and UEFi support. It has 2 partitions - c: for win8, d:  for recovery.  But I need more working partitions. I created a set of recovery disks with HP recovery option. How can I divide my c: into more partitions? Windows Reinstall or even using other Windows is OK (I have licensed Win8 pro and Win7 pro).

PhD Student
Checkurtech
Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)

Re: hp pavilion 15 Factory default is 1 working partition on HDD. How can I divide it into 2 or more

Hi ,,

You say you have created the recovery disks for your system ?? Is that correct ? If so i can talk you through how to delete the recovery partition (D) and then shrink that volume to usable storage space and then add that to your C drive do give you only one usable partition C . Please post back at your leisure and i will help achieve this .  Checkurtech 

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Honor Student
velikoros
Message 3 of 4 (92 Views)

Re: hp pavilion 15 Factory default is 1 working partition on HDD. How can I divide it into 2 or more

[ Edited ]

Bonjour, Checkurtech!

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I created the set. But that is not the problem, cause I have my own licenced win8 pro. Win8 Pro is preferable to me. So I would be glad to reinstall my own win8 pro (I have dvd disc with it) instead of factory win8.

I would be glad to know if it's possible at all and if it is, what is the sequence of actions to do that together with dividing hdd into more partitions (for example, c:, d:, e:  ).

PhD Student
Checkurtech
Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)

Hi , yes its possible to create multiple partitions on one drive . You can either do a custome install or from a basic install you can once installed create your multi partitions from within Windows from "Disk management" . Any help required please ask ... Checkurtech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation