02-02-2010 11:03 PM
When using original recovery CD I was asked for Administrator password, I never set up password. Yes, in control panel i have 2 users - guest and administrator, but none has password set.
What is the problem?
Another question, I'm havng problem installing new printer. When requesting HP help I was asked to reinstal IE - version 6.0 that I have on my laptop denied any external connection with HP online support. I can't upgrade, cause of some kind of error message that appers on my laptop . I decided to use recovery disk that now...asking me to use admin.password that i never had set up....
What if I just format my C drive? HP support tech told me not to because i might have other problems after that, what could be worse....?!?!
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)