Question

Tutor
badaam
Message 1 of 19 (5,570 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp pavilion dv6 recovery ..!!

hi i just bought hp laptop pavilion dv6 .. i used it 2 weeks only i was planning to make prtions coz when i got it was only c partion n recovery partion .. i was not able to make more partion n if i get new partion it give me small size and unllocat... so it was not showing as well .. i got from my friend cd to make partions i tried couldnt and as i was trying to delet the partion is unllocat,, i delet d recovery partion  also .. so i made mistake .. so as finally my lap was not able to  wrok .. n gives me msg when i turn it on ( i remember it was asking me to put a windows cd to repair my lap .. i got from my friend cd n i was windows 7 but no use to work wid it so i formatted n made partions but i need  the recovery .. as i have 500 gb hard disk it showes me i have around 450 gb .. cani get my recovery .. coz even m not able to find the softwear for windows 7 for hp at your website ..

* i need the recovery coz even my cam not working and couldnt turn it on even the guide n the hp help couldn't find it on my laptop ..

* bye the way i have the proudect key down of my laptop can i download the windows 7 perimum from the website and i put thee key production which it's bottom of my lap top .. odes it work coz i really liked windows 7 perimum oa mea  ?? plz i need help as soon as possible ??

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 19 (5,533 Views)

Re: hp pavilion dv6 recovery ..!!

[ Edited ]

Probably the best way to go here is to order a set of recovery DVD's for your machine, with those all the drivers and software will be reinstalled for it to run properly.

Yes you can install a retail version of W7 as long as it's the same version, you can then use your product key on the underside of the laptop. Install it as a trial first. When everything is up and running right click on "Computer" and go to properties.

At the bottom of that screen there will be an option to change product key. Choose this one, not "Activate Windows Now"

The problem with that is you will have to manually install all your drivers, it's much easier to order the HP recovery DVD's.

Ounce you have them in hand you can delete the recovery partition with the recovery manager and make your custom partition.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00810334&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=383...

PS. If you plan on installing an OEM version of W7, then go to drive "C" if you are still able and there you will find a folder named SwSetup. Burn that whole folder to DVD or save it to a flash drive.

It has all the HP software and drivers in there that will work in your copy of W7.

Tutor
badaam
Message 3 of 19 (5,522 Views)

thanx alot i got your answer but i have to say 1 thing that i don't need to check my "C" drive for  SwSetup .. coz i have already onther opreating sys win7 .. and i want to get bck the win7 oa oa mea .. as u said i can install win7 oa mea for trail and i put the key which i have it already and avtice it .. so after that can i get the drivers and hp meadismart and all with the guide as i bghout it new .. i MEAN with the drivers .. and wher could i get the drivers ..?? sry

Tutor
badaam
Message 4 of 19 (5,515 Views)

one more thing and the last .. my laptop is pavilion dv6 .. just that how could i get the drivers model number and it howes me alots of models .. how do i know ex ( dv6-1000 .dv6-13000 ..etc ) how do i know my model number .. or i use any one of thim ??

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 5 of 19 (5,509 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your model number is on the underside of the laptop.

Start with your chip set driver first and with the drivers, save them to the desk top with IE8 and install them each (one at a time) restarting after each one as necessary. Do not install them from a temporary folder. Don't run AVG Anti Virus software or Commodo Firewall while you are downloading and installing things.

After the Chip Set I go with the Graphics driver next just because it corrects the resolution and makes things easier.

Also if you do Windows update, Windows will find many of them too. Look under optional updates.

If you have any more questions I will be here off and on for the rest of the day making Easter dinner.  :smileyhappy:

Did you install  a 32 or 64 bit version ?  As for activation, you can do that when ever you like, before or after you install things.

Tutor
badaam
Message 6 of 19 (5,503 Views)

[ Edited ]

64 bit ... well i just download hp spport assistance and i got my models number it showes me xx559ev#abv is that the model number ..??

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 7 of 19 (5,490 Views)

No, that's some sort of part umber.

Capture.PNG

Is the tag missing from the laptop ? It should look similar to the screen shot.

The p/n number will work as well as the product number.

You might also find that the HP Support Assistant is unnecessary on an OEM install of W7, but it's up to you.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 8 of 19 (5,486 Views)

[ Edited ]

You could probably use this one, but it gives two graphics drivers, so hopefully you will know which one it is, and if you want to update the BIOS there is a way to ID what Mother Board you have to get the correct one, but we'll worry about that later.

After looking at all the different model numbers I took the link away, there are just to many changes to guess about things.

Need the model number or part number.

Tutor
badaam
Message 9 of 19 (5,484 Views)

sorry don't have same like that tag ... ?? what to do know :smileysad:

i got tag that giving me win 7 product key xxx...etc ..! 

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 10 of 19 (5,482 Views)

Let me do some thinking. :smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation