Question

Student
samiha10
Message 1 of 5 (1,878 Views)

hp pavilion windows 7 graphics adapter driver...

Hi,

i have a  HP  pavilion dv 9925nr notebook PC.  I have upgraded to Windows 7 --64 bit OS.  Now my notebook has the generic video adpater.  I canot adjust screen resolution etc.,

HP support site does not have Windows 7 graphics drivers.  DOes any one know where I can get the graphics drivers for this notebook/OS combination ?

Thanks,

Munir.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 5 (1,873 Views)

Re: hp pavilion windows 7 graphics adapter driver...

Intern
chinax_pac
Message 3 of 5 (1,865 Views)

can u identify ur  VGA type .; Whether its intel , nvidia or ATI .  U could download the latest everest as it would help U identify it with perfection. GOODTIMES 

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 5 (1,854 Views)

You have the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M, same as my laptop. I went to Control Panel and ran Windows Update manually choosing to also see Optional Updates.

Many of the drivers posted at Nvidia will not install on machines with NVIDIA GeForce 7150M..at least not without some jumping through hoops..the one from WU works fine for mine.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
mabrookes
Message 5 of 5 (1,835 Views)

Hi, this site provides nvidia graphics drivers edited and optimised for laptops (drivers from nvidia will not install, and even if they did could overheat and seriously damage your card). www.laptopvideo2go.com

There are a lot to choose from, personally I would go for this one first but try others if you want - http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24003-forceware-18585/ this should be fine (there is a list of compatible cards in the post).

Michael

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation