Question

Top Student
DavisDevasia
Message 1 of 7 (7,126 Views)

hp power manager for windows 8

runnning windows 8. power manager not working. saying needs to be reinstalled. any help

Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 7 (7,115 Views)

Re: hp power manager for windows 8

HP Power Manager is not compatible with Windows 8. Please uninstall it and use Windows 8 Power Management only.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
DRAGONROOK
Message 3 of 7 (6,109 Views)

I would be most interested, if you can tell me exactly where do find the Windows 8 Power Manager?! I've searched Windows, I've searched this stupid, useless website, and I've read your inane comment and still no one can give me a straight answer as to how the hell I put a power manager into Windows 8.

Student
Mizuno_Boy
Message 4 of 7 (5,766 Views)

He means uninstall HP Power Manager and use the inbuilt (system) Microsoft Power Manager in Windows.

Depending on your view settings in Control Panel (Categories/Large Icons/Small Icons).

Categories View - Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options

Large/Small Icons - Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options

I hope that clears things up.

Honor Student
DRAGONROOK
Message 5 of 7 (5,750 Views)

Thanks, I actually figured that out after a day. Don't know why they can't be more clear when laying things out for the public.

Student
wyllz
Message 6 of 7 (5,720 Views)

HP Power Manager Software Win 8

The response above says HP Power Manager is not compatible with Win 8.  However, several other users on different forums report that downloading and installing the software solves the problem!!!  So is it or isn't it compatible???

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 7 of 7 (5,673 Views)

Hello wyllz,

HP Power Manager is not supported on Windows 8. Use at your own discretion.

HP Power Manager - Supported Operating Systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation