Question

Honor Student
katieg
Message 1 of 6 (831 Views)

hp simplepass not recognizing fingerprint

Hi Guys,

I just bought an HP Envy with windows 8 about a week ago. I set up simplepass by swiping my fingerprint a few times, but never really tested it. Now, afer my first time restarting, its not recognizing my fingerprint and I don't know how to get through to even the log in screen to put in my password. Its just stuck on a blank black screen until it gets a fingerprint it recognizes. Any idea on how to fix this?

Intern
IntelCorei7
Message 2 of 6 (828 Views)

Re: hp simplepass not recognizing fingerprint

[ Edited ]

Hello,

There is a simple solution redo the finger print test. if still doesn't work update hp simplepass. clean the finger print sensor these are pretty much your only options.

please click the kudos button if this helped thanks

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
katieg
Message 3 of 6 (819 Views)

How can I update if I'm not able to login?
Intern
IntelCorei7
Message 4 of 6 (813 Views)

Hello,

Sorry For reading your post incorrectly when you start up your laptop keep clicking f2. Find the tab i need help urgently. do a microsoft system restore restore it to the time when you didn't have this problem. If this doesn't work then click system recovery. here is a complete guide designed by hp: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01867418

***Regards SS***

***Click The Kudos Star To Say Thanks.***

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
mefisher
Message 5 of 6 (179 Views)

Thanks for the info....cleaned my finger sensor and working great again...I really like this programme

Student
jckest
Message 6 of 6 (129 Views)

hp simplepass not recognizing fingerprint

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation