Question

Honor Student
estefy
Message 1 of 3 (2,794 Views)

hp touchsmart recovery disk

Dear All,

I have been in contact with you previously with regards to my network card, problems that have been solved.
At the moment I have encountered some problems while trying to partition my hard drive into 2 different partitions.
While trying to reboot afterwards I wasn't able to reboot, system can't even seem to find the recovery system so I can't return to factory settings.
I have an error displayed and system gets stalled after that whithout restarting windows. I do not have a recovery disk so I would much appreciate your help ASAP. Thank you.

My details are:

*  Name: Stefania Postu
*  Organization: Home
*  Mailing Address (No P.O. Boxes):
*  Apartment/Building/Mailstop: 19A Montpelier Road
*  City: Brighton
*  County:  East Sussex
*  Zip/Postal Code: BN1 2LQ
*  Phone Number (including area code): 00447979155783
*  Alternate Time for Callback, (if we are unable to make contact the
   first time): anytime

Product Information:
*  Product Model Number (ex: ze4250, n5441 etc): tx-1375dx
*  Product Number (ex: C1234A): VM308UA#ABA
*  Product Serial Number (ex: US12345678): CNF94135CX

Thanks,
Stefania Postu

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 3 (2,783 Views)

Re: hp touchsmart recovery disk

Do this to return to factory OS :

Right click on "Computer" and go to "Manage"

find "Disk Management" in the left column and click on that.

Look for the partition marked "Recovery" and right click on the partition and choose to make it active, ignore the warning and continue.

Shut the laptop right down and then boot up with  out tapping F 11. It should boot into the recovery process.

When ever you disrupt the order of the partitions in almost all cases you will not be able to use the recovery manager or F 11.

Even in some cases the above method may not work. Remember to save your personal items.

If it does work, create some recovery DVD's and use Sony DVD+R

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 3 of 3 (2,762 Views)

Re: hp touchsmart recovery disk

Hi, Stefania:

If what HaggisCat advises you to do does not solve your problem, you can contact HP Support for the UK by phone and see if they have a restore disk set available for your notebook.

Here is the link for HP support in the UK:  call  0844 369 0369

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Tell the customer service representative you need to order a restore disk set for your notebook. You will need to provide the model number and serial number normally found on the bottom of the case. There may be a small charge for postage and handling.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation