i somehow downloaded backupdutylite? and now cannot uninstall it? it gives instructions to uninstall (8765 Views)
Honor Student
BrianLT3467
Message 1 of 7 (8,765 Views)

i somehow downloaded backupdutylite? and now cannot uninstall it? it gives instructions to uninstall

I somehow downloaded something called BackupDutyLite, I remember doing it. It appeared to be a legit Microsoft download, but it is clearly  not. It shows how to uninstall, but it does nothing when you click on uninstall.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (8,733 Views)

Re: i somehow downloaded backupdutylite? and now cannot uninstall it? it gives instructions to unins

Hi,

Have you tried to run this:

C:\Program Files\BackUpDutyLite\uninst.exe

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
BrianLT3467
Message 3 of 7 (8,712 Views)

Re: i somehow downloaded backupdutylite? and now cannot uninstall it? it gives instructions to unins

I trust in your expertise, and I am a dummy, just one more question, how do I run C:\Program Files\BackUpDutyLite\uninst.exe?

Student
caturner57
Message 4 of 7 (4,924 Views)

This did not work for me.  I've tried the uninstall exe dozens of times & the program is still there.  There's another one that won't uninstall & I imagine they're part of the same scam.  It's called "RegWork".

It seems like its locked up my wifes HP laptop.  We can run Internet Explorer, but no videos work & it won't let us install Adobe Flash. 

Also, we can't open ANY pics, docs, movies, etc.

Any other options?  Pretty frustrated as i think this program trick my wife into thinking it was a Microsoft option. 

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 7 (4,921 Views)

Download ,install, then update and run a full scan with MalwareBytes Free edition.HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
mtlebo
Message 6 of 7 (2,827 Views)

i tried normal delet but i'm not so sure it is gone .it didn't show up in recycle bin. also i don't remember installing it

Provost
CherylG
Message 7 of 7 (2,817 Views)

@mtlebo

Download ,install, then update and run a full scan with MalwareBytes Free edition.HERE

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation