Question

Honor Student
AMR-ZERO
Message 1 of 2 (3,109 Views)

i want to use finger print on HP Probook 450 G1 .. Windows 8.1 Pro

Please help me i just Bought HP probook 450 g1 .. and i installed the validity fingerprint sensor succesfully but i don't know how to use the finger print or where i can find it .. i downloaded simplepass .. tha black virsion and i couldn't understand any thing .. and l keeps telling me '' Simplepass can use your windows pass word to log on'' and whenever i write it  .. the program tells me  .. the password you enterd doesn't match .. and i tried to install HP Client Security Manager .. i keep telling me that ERROR 1001 .. i i want to do is the use the fingerprint ... is that possible in that laptop .. i think i'm going to die

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (3,082 Views)

Re: i want to use finger print on HP Probook 450 G1 .. Windows 8.1 Pro

Amr-Zero,

No dying!

As far as I know, your computer is not going to run SimplePass -- it wants to run the HP Client Security Manager

There are some prerequisites as listed on the System Requirements page.  Amongst these: the File Sanitizer Software, both .NET framework 3.5 and 4.5, and others.  It is likely that your system has all the necessary software, although you may not have installed the File Sanitizer yet.  It is available from your computer's driver page.

It is of vital importance that you have all your Windows Updates in place.  Make sure they are indeed complete.  If you are one of the people in the world that do not believe in Windows Updates, turn them off later -- this is not the time.

HP ProBook 450 B1 Notebook Drivers - Windows 8.1

You need to remove and banish that SimplePass software from the system.

• Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features > find and remove the SimplePass software

Next:

• Close all your programs and Shut down the computer
  • Disconnect everything (little Unifier for the keyboard / external mouse can stay)
  • Perform the Hard Reset for your notebook
  • Boot the computer and log in

Reminder:  Hard Reset is just a device Reset.  The Hard Reset procedure does not wipe out your files nor does it destroy your Windows setup in any way.  It just "clears the cobwebs".  Depending on the cause of the problem, this kind of "reset" can fix a variety of computer glitches.

==========================================================================

Unfortunately, this is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.  You have a "business" computer and this is "business" software.  I perfectly understand that YOU might be just someone sitting in your house somewhere on the planet -- it is the COMPUTER and the SOFTWARE that is the difference here. 

There is a White Paper on the subject in your Manuals section -- it is useful if you have some background in the subject at all.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up!

It is a nice way to say “Thank You" for the help.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation