Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Getting "ink system failure" with 0xc18a0206 error code on front panel of HP Photosmart 3210.  Black and yellow cartridges are full while other cartridges are low on ink.  Tried reset with holding help and OK buttons and that did not do anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the printer off.

Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and the turn it back on.

The system should self calibrate now (this may take 5-10 minutes - do not interupt)

After the printer has been silent for over a few full minutes try printing a page.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-one. I keep getting the Ink System Failure error code 0xc18a0206. I have tried the below suggested solutions in the Forum, but none have worked.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks for any help.

Jim Kurtz

I have tried these suggested solutions:

1) Reset the system by holding down the OK, Cancel, Black, and Color buttons down at the same time and turn the printer off. 

Keep holding the buttons down until the printer shuts off and the turn it back on. 

The system should self calibrate now (this may take 5-10 minutes - do not interupt) 

After the printer has been silent for over a few full minutes try printing a page.

2)

I would recommend removing all the ink cartridges, unplugging the USB cable from the computer that connects to the printer, and then shutting the printer off completely by removing the power cord. Then restart your computer. Turn the printer back on but leave it disconnected from the computer. After it has finished its power on cycle go ahead and insert the ink cartridges back into the printer and be sure to seat them properly.

After you have all the cartridges back in the printer properly then connect it to the computer. See if this resolves the issue. If not post back with any findings.

Thanks,

SeanS

HP Recommended

I tried both suggestions and they didn't work.  Anything other suggestions?

thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.