03-03-2010 04:43 AM - edited 03-03-2010 05:26 AM
im trying to install windows 7 x64 (buildlab: 7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255) on to my hp pavilion dv7-1280eg from a dvd.
so i boot from the install dvd and setup starts up. i get as far as choosing the installation language, and after that setup prompts me that drivers for the dvd drive are missing.
does anyone know a solution to this, be it the location of such drivers, be it anything else?
the dvd drive in question is TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633L and i could not find drivers on the web anywhere.
in case you encounter mattball's post (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and
thanks in advance,
03-03-2010 01:15 PM
Hi kilomasu, try here for the drivers (I cannot vouch they will work), or:
Go to Download.com, do a search for Driver Detective---it costs $40--but Downlaod.com will suggest at bottom more software/freeware/shareware as an alternative to Driver Detective.
ProBook 4710S, Win 8 Pro 32 bit, T6570 @ 2.1Ghz, 320GB, 3GB, ATI Mobility HD 4330
Elitebook 8440p Win 7 Enterprise x64, M520 2.4 Ghz, 250GB 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)