01-15-2013 12:49 PM
I have a HP Media Smart dv6-3163cl that I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 - I am now trying to install an external sata drive in an acomdata enclosure. I have connected the drive to the sata port with a sata cable and power the drive with a USB cable - with two USB connectors - the drive is a western digital scorpio 750 GB sata 3GB/s 2.5 7200 mobile HD - the drive spins up but the computer doesn't recognize it (at least it never appears as a hard drive under computer) Any ideas about why?
I never tried this drive with windows 7 so don't know if the upgrade is the problem.
01-16-2013 01:03 PM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)