Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Software and Driver Downloads claims that the proper BIOS for my HP G60-445DX is Version F.54 A dated 2009-08-27.  msinfo32 claims that the one in my machine is Version F.54, 8/18/2009.

The machine came with Vista-32, but I updated it to Windows 7-32 using HP-provided CD-ROM.

Should I have updated to BIOS F.54 A -- or should I now?

The question comes from suspicion that serious troubles with IE9 come from obsolete drivers.

Thanks very much and God bless!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, after almost two years, with no response from anyone else, I'll answer my own question:

The HP labeling of this BIOS is totally misleading.  BOTH VERSIONS ARE IDENTICAL.

When you download and begin to install the "F.54 A dated 2009-08-27", it BECOMES F.54 dated  8/18/2009!

Why HP labeling could not be consistent is beyond reckoning. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Well, after almost two years, with no response from anyone else, I'll answer my own question:

The HP labeling of this BIOS is totally misleading.  BOTH VERSIONS ARE IDENTICAL.

When you download and begin to install the "F.54 A dated 2009-08-27", it BECOMES F.54 dated  8/18/2009!

Why HP labeling could not be consistent is beyond reckoning. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for that it is totally misleading . f.54 A vs f.54   .   

It becomes a problem for many out there who will install the bios. Self, I could not download  f.54 A which is the right to my computer when  hp removed from the server.  but i download f.54 from another site . totally misleading . But 5.54 is the same .so it is safe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.