12-18-2013 05:13 PM
After a system crash on my laptop, I erased my hard drive and started new with windows 8, and now I'm having trouble finding a driver for the expansion based. Is there a fix for this or a work around?
Thanks for you help
12-18-2013 05:58 PM
If you need drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the search option of Charms Bar type devmgmt.msc. Select the resulted file in the left pane. This opens Device Manager.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B1
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)