03-16-2010 11:28 PM
Picked up a Compaq for my mom a couple of months ago. Don't have the precise model with me. It was a low-cost model I bought at Walmart running Win7-64.
She's getting some new behavior. I haven't been over to see it for myself, yet. She's getting a notification about a program called justcheck.exe. She says it's flashing a blue and gold shield in the bottom toolbar. That could be Avast, the anti-virus that I'm running on there.
I've searched around for that program name and I couldn't find anything definitive. I saw some old posts from about 2002 that indicated that it might be related to a bogus anti-spyware program. I saw a couple of more recent posts that might be saying that it's part of Java (the particular pages I found were very unclear and never said that, specifically.)
Is anyone familiar with this?
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)