justcheck.exe (4018 Views)
Top Student
MightyDrake
Message 1 of 2 (4,018 Views)

justcheck.exe

Picked up a Compaq for my mom a couple of months ago.  Don't have the precise model with me.  It was a low-cost model I bought at Walmart running Win7-64.

She's getting some new behavior.  I haven't been over to see it for myself, yet.  She's getting a notification about a program called justcheck.exe.  She says it's flashing a blue and gold shield in the bottom toolbar.  That could be Avast, the anti-virus that I'm running on there.

I've searched around for that program name and I couldn't find anything definitive.  I saw some old posts from about 2002 that indicated that it might be related to a bogus anti-spyware program.  I saw a couple of more recent posts that might be saying that it's part of Java (the particular pages I found were very unclear and never said that, specifically.)

Is anyone familiar with this?

Thanks,

Drake

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 2 (4,001 Views)

Re: justcheck.exe

Go to www.java.com and download/install the latest version of Java and see if the issue reoccurs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation