laptop HP Pavilion g series (1617 Views)
Student
charlotteshp1
Message 1 of 4 (1,617 Views)

laptop HP Pavilion g series

i was logging into gmail today and i got a message after logging in that someone may have hijacked another email account and that i should update my info..as soon as i click on the link my screen started to flicker then it got completely distorted it hung or froze then i got that blue screen..asking me did i see this before if not restart . i did but i had to force a shut down and then reboot it worked for a while and then it happened again..this time i was logging in to another web site . and each time i hit a key something else would happen instead of my details going into the boxes to log in..if i press the key s it open a window for me to save if i press the p key i got another window to print..it then told me my ctr key was pressed but it was not..a small window open and my screen start to flicker . this window i got a  glimps of what it said something about my version of windows and if i wanted to send or not send then the blue screen came back..i left if  for over an hour and logged back on ..if anyone can help please...its starting again.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 4 (1,602 Views)

Re: laptop HP Pavilion g series

Shut down and upon boot up start immediately tapping the f8 key to get into safe mode, select "with out internet connection"

Just from what I have read in your post it sounds like you let in a nasty virus. If the laptop runs in safe mode then your hard ware is OK.

To try and fix this, choose a Windows restore point and pick a date before the trouble started. This is not to be confused with a full system restore which would wipe out all your personal information and reinstall the OS.

If you need help with a Windows restore point I will need to know what OS you're running.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 4 (1,596 Views)

Viruses usually infect restore points, so it is futile to use most of the time, and system restore should be turned off and then turned back on once the PC is cleaned of the virus to prevent re-infection later on.

Go to this link and download the software on a PC that is not infected and make the boot CD, once made boot from the CD on the infected PC and let it load Defender, do a full system scan and remove everything it finds, when it is done cleaning, restart normally then download, install and run MBAM, remove everything it finds.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 4 (1,585 Views)

Here is a another link to MBAM from File Hippo, that may be easier to find.

Click on the green download button in the upper right corner of the page.  The file is 9.06 MB.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation