Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My laptop says boot device not found please install operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk (3F0) F2 system diagnostics for more info visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup. My laptop was purchased in december and by february it crashed it has windows 8.1and only went online a couple of times if that many.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi
Even though you have run tests on the hard drive and you get result as fine does not always mean your drive is stable . If you are in warranty still you should consider contacting HP your region and get a service / repair done . They will run a few tests with you and then organise a pick up for repair .
Checkurtech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi    

If you can tap F10 at startup you can boot tom the BIOS , once inside the BIOS you should see your hard drive listed as a primary boot device . If you can not see the Hard drive listed in the BIOS then it has possibly failed . You can run a Diagnostic test on your hard drive also from F2 key at startup  to see if problems are found .  Post back your findings and we can take it from there.

Checkurtech 

HP Recommended
Hi
Thanx for responding my hard drive is not listed as primary boot device. It starts with cd-rom boot then internal network adapter(disabled) Network boot protocol legacy support (disabled) secure boot. The uefi boot order is os boot manager internalcd/dvd rom drive usb diskette on key/usb hard disk usb cd/dvd rom drive network adapter (disabled). The hard drive is only listed under the legacy boot order (which i read was for operating systems other than windows 😎 i ran the hard drive test and it said it was fine ....i need help i am not computer savvy. Anything i can do?
HP Recommended
Hi
Try this article from HP
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463
Hope this Helps
Checkurtech
HP Recommended
Checkurtech
The article you sent seems to be the answer...but how do i run recovery without the start menu all i have is an error screen and no software i am confused need instruction please help. Thanks.
Ne2
HP Recommended
Hi
I have a hp2000-d19WM with windows 8 . I have a black error screen says boot device not found,no OS on hard disk,hard disk(3f0). I have troubleshot every angle and my last hope was system recovery but my F11 system recovery screen fails to appear no matter how many times i press it. And i have mo disks or usb recovery software is there any thing i can do
HP Recommended
Hi
Even though you have run tests on the hard drive and you get result as fine does not always mean your drive is stable . If you are in warranty still you should consider contacting HP your region and get a service / repair done . They will run a few tests with you and then organise a pick up for repair .
Checkurtech
HP Recommended
Hi contacted hp software was somehow corrupted. And they are replacing it since its under warranty i dont even pay shipping thanks for all your help
Ne2
HP Recommended
Hi checkurtech
thanks again Every step u gave me i did over the phone with hp, i hope i did the accept as solution right. I tried to give kudos before and it didnt work
Ne2
HP Recommended

Anybody have solution for this issue? I am already suffering from this error last 5 day and result.

I am not able to see LEGACY SUPPORT not in bios. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.