04-11-2011 01:08 PM
i have windows 7 home premium which was already installed when i bought the laptop. But the sticker below the laptop which shows the serial key has been faded out and is not visible at all. And i have lost my recovery cd's too. so i want to be on a safer side before my system crashes and not have the trouble running for the lost serail key.
so could any of u help me how i can get back my windows serial key? or how do i contact and talk to the hp officials directly on recovering my serial key.? or is there any other alternative way?
i really appreciate if someone could me help me out.
04-11-2011 01:31 PM
HP or Microsoft will not have any record of your personal key on that sticker, nor will they give you another one.
You can order recovery media here for a small fee, you will not need the key on that sticker when using this recovery media.
04-13-2011 03:22 AM - edited 04-13-2011 03:23 AM
thank you for ur support...
but i wish to format and partition my drives.. with the recovery cds i don think i will be able to..is there any possible ways to partition?
03-27-2012 01:25 PM
can someon help us find a recovery disk please
You can order recovery media in the link below or call 1-800-HPInvent to order.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)