Re: m6 win 8.1 install problems (124 Views)
Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 11 of 14 (202 Views)

Re: m6 win 8.1 install problems

Jerzak,

See 4Monkeys' list of the drivers / software he needed to remove to allow the Upgrade to proceed  -- YOUR "removal" list might be different.

Monkey's experience illustrates that the need to remove anything that gets in the way of the Upgrade is absolute -- you cannot sneak past the error message; you have to remove whatever is in the way.

The hope is that after you do remove everything that is objectionable, that Windows 8.1 will either install native drivers or that you can recover / install the necessary HP drivers as needed.

As long as you have a Path back to where you started, you can assume that things will work out as desired.

Thanks to 4Monkeys for posting his results.

Good Luck!  If you like, post your results for your system upgrade. 

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a great “Thank You” to the Experts who offer aid!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
jezrack
Message 12 of 14 (192 Views)

wow cheers..loads to try..will let you know..most grateful for research

Top Student
4monkeys
Message 13 of 14 (182 Views)

I suspect its bluetooth and wifi drivers from ralink, probably sharing same resources, but im no magician I couldnt be precise and tell you, all I do know reading up is its a ralink problem

Top Student
jezrack
Message 14 of 14 (124 Views)

Sick to death of useless HP driver inadequacy on a new laptop...ive tried everything..even the compatibility assistant telling me everything is fine..microsoft update assistant telling me everything is fine..then that stupid unsmiley face pops up and says cant update..how **bleep** hard is it to make current hardware win 8.1 compatible...seemingly impossible. HP definitely NOT recommended to anyone. Just bought a toshiba cheap laptop and that upgraded perfectly...you shoukd be ashamed HP!!!..honestly,,now what ???????????????? .I did try removing all those recommended components but didsnt work...get your **bleep** together HP...BLOODY ANGRY..{Apologies for expletives but disgusts me}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation