11-21-2009 03:18 PM
It's most likely the higher the number, the newer the model.
For example, lets say the model number was HDX - 460us.
It's part of the HDX product line, it's release number 460 of this line of computers, and available in the US market only.
11-21-2009 05:06 PM
Not sure I understand your comment, but, the G71 would likely be newer than the G70 line.
I'd think a good comparison would be MSN Messenger v8.0 is like the G70 line. Where, there are sometimes different builds along the way, that have fixes or small enhancements.
The G71 line would be the same idea in terms of the numbering as MSN Messenger v8.1.
Hope this helps.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)