Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello.

I've been having trouble updating my graphics driver. I have a HP Pavillion dv4t 1600 CTO laptop. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. My driver device is a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family, and driver version is 8.15.10.1883 from 8/27/2009. I've been trying to install the lastest from Intel which is 15.17.19.64.2869. However, when attempting to  update drivers I receive an error message:

"The driver being installed is not vaildated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the cmputer manufacturer. Set up will exit."

This leads me to the HP website were I attempt to find a suitable update. However, when using the HP updater or manual search, I end with the same type of driver for graphics, sound, and chipset. My problem is: I don't know which one needs to be updated. 

I play World of Warcraft, and I receive the message "Your driver device is out of date". That could mean any of them, so while using the Intel Driver Update Utility, none of my drivers appeared. And every time I try to update via HP, it appears that nothing has changed. I'll try to provide as much detail as possible and hope to hear back soon about my problem. Attached below as well are screenshots from the dxdiag window.

Product name: HP Pavillion dv4t-1600 CTO

Product number: VP180AV

BIOS: default system BIOSdxdiag2.pngdxdiag3.pngdxdiag4.pngdxdiag5.pngdxdiag1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @ZeroMoonfeather,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! 

I have read your post on how you are looking to update the drivers on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To upgrade your GPU drivers to the most compatible software supported  for your computer, I recommend following the  steps in this document on Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I hope this helps!

Best Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ZeroMoonfeather,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! 

I have read your post on how you are looking to update the drivers on your notebook computer, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To upgrade your GPU drivers to the most compatible software supported  for your computer, I recommend following the  steps in this document on Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7)

I hope this helps!

Best Regards Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you. That was a big help, but now I have a new problem. When I try to open HP Support Assisstant, it tells me an error message of:

"HPSF.exe has stopped working. This application has encountered a serious problem and must be closed. Click "OK" to automatically restart this application."

I click OK, and when it restarts, it keeps giving me the same error message over and over again. I'm not sure where I can go to have this issue fixed. I haven't found anything relevant online to help me. Your insight would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Hi again ZeroMoonfeather,

Thank you for the quick reply!

To amend the cause of this error message when using the HP Support Assistant, I suggest following this resource on Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 7). This should help to clear out any potential bugs causing the error message when you launch the program.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Have a great weekend! Smiley Happy

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I had a busy couple of days and didn't get to respond. But both the initial help and follow up did solve a few problems for me. After uninstalling and reinstalling HP Support Assistant, all diagnostics run as normal with no drivers needing to be updated. However, I am still receiving the "driver device is out of date" message. At this time, I believe I need to manually install a new graphics card, as sound, wi-fi adapter, and others are functioning normally. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.