07-20-2011 03:54 AM
the front panel is asking me to remove a USB device, but no such device is attached, also a wireless network test report tells me wireless working FAIL.
I cannot proceed with any actions until i remove the USB device which does not exist help?
07-20-2011 01:06 PM - edited 07-20-2011 01:08 PM
The PDF format manual for a HP 309a can be found here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01659847.pdf it is quite large 27.44 meg.
You mentioned Wireless. Do you have the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable and also have the printer connected to a router with a ethernet cable thru the RJ45 plug on the printer.
Most network printers I have had dealings with are connected to the wireless network router thru the RJ45 plug and have wireless activated thru the control panel on the printer. They do not use a USB cable. If memory serves you also do a different install procedure when using USB or Ethernet. Hopefully the manual will help you sort it out.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)