my HP Photosmart C309a series printer has stopped working, (231 Views)
Student
timjhall13
Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

my HP Photosmart C309a series printer has stopped working,

the front panel is asking me to remove a USB device, but no such device is attached, also a wireless network test report tells me wireless working FAIL.

I cannot proceed with any actions until i remove the USB device which does not exist    help?

Grad Student
Gator6x4
Message 2 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: my HP Photosmart C309a series printer has stopped working,

[ Edited ]

The PDF format manual for a HP 309a can be found here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01659847.pdf it is quite large 27.44 meg.

You mentioned Wireless. Do you have the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable and also have the printer connected to a router with a ethernet cable thru the RJ45 plug on the printer.

Most network printers I have had dealings with are connected to the wireless network router thru the RJ45 plug and have wireless activated thru the control panel on the printer. They do not use a USB cable. If memory serves you also do a different install procedure when using USB or Ethernet. Hopefully the manual will help you sort it out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation