Question

Tutor
hammodi_005
Message 1 of 10 (2,520 Views)

my HP pavilion dv3 notebook Bluetooth is not working, nor the drivers detect it...

i had a windows vista installed on my laptop, but after installing windows 7 i was unable to find a driver for the bluetooth
Posted from Facebook
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 10 (2,462 Views)

Re: my HP pavilion dv3 notebook Bluetooth is not working, nor the drivers detect it...

Hi:

Did you have the HP wireless assistant software installed on Vista?

Was your bluetooth device turned off via the HP wireless assistant when you installed Windows 7?

If so, you need to install the HP wireless assistant, turn on the bluetooth device in the wireless assistant and the device will be found and the drivers loaded.

Paul

Tutor
hammodi_005
Message 3 of 10 (2,460 Views)

Re: my HP pavilion dv3 notebook Bluetooth is not working, nor the drivers detect it...

yes i had it on my windows vista before .. but now i have the HP wireless assistant but the bluetooth is not appearing, like if there's no driver
Posted from Facebook
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 10 (2,450 Views)

That is unusual. I assume you already downloaded the drivers? 

It is not unusual if you had turned off the bluetooth radio via the wireless assistant before upgrading the OS, that when the installation was complete no device even shows up as missing in the device manager. Same for the wireless card (but we normally keep that on all the time).

So, installing the wirless assistant and opening it normally shows the device as disabled. You can turn it on and if you had already downloaded the drivers the device will install. If you had not installed the drivers the device will be detected but disabled because no drivers were found.

So, if you do not even see your bluetooth device in the wirless assistant at all, I don't know what to tell you.

Check your BIOS and make sure the device is showing up as enabled in the bios.  If it isn't then enable it, and you should be OK.

Paul

Tutor
hammodi_005
Message 5 of 10 (2,449 Views)

thanks Paul, i don't think that i had disabled the bluetooth device before upgrading.. and as you said i can't see the bluetooth device in the wireless assistant at all. but i will check the BIOS settings as adviced .. thanx
Posted from Facebook
Professor
Charles001
Message 6 of 10 (2,429 Views)

Do you see any "unknown" device or device with a yellow ! in device manager?

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Tutor
hammodi_005
Message 7 of 10 (2,420 Views)

nop .. nothing is there .. all the devices installed correctly !
Posted from Facebook
Professor
Charles001
Message 8 of 10 (2,402 Views)

So are you saying with Vista installed, you have bluetooth device in device manager but after upgrade to Windows 7, there is no bluetooth device in device manager? What is the product number (P/N on the service tag) of your dv3?

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Tutor
hammodi_005
Message 9 of 10 (2,389 Views)

yes exactly as you said, in windows vista it was working, but after upgrading its not. P/N : NE899AV MODEL # : DV3T-2000
Posted from Facebook
Student
dustintea
Message 10 of 10 (1,034 Views)

I'm in almost exactly the same boat. I uninstalled all hp software after purchasing the computer with Vista on it. I've since installed Win 7 and for the first time needed to try to use a bluetooth device. The bth driver seems to be already there, the bt service was set to manual which I changed and I reinstalled HP Wireless Assistant, but there was no BT in the list and I find no bt radio in my device manager. It's possible I manually removed it.. but I've not been able to get it detected or activated. My model: dv3-2155mx which the specs, I believe say has internal BT. What gives?  I checked BIOS but don't see any BT setting there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation