01-27-2013 01:18 PM
01-27-2013 01:32 PM
Can you post back with the following.
1. The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.
2. Double check the error code as a failure of the comprehensive ( Full ) test on the primary drive ( Hard Disk 1 ) is usually 305, whereas a similar failure on the secondary drive ( Hard Disk 2 if your notebook has 2 HDDs ) would be 306.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
06-29-2014 08:07 PM
HP G42-475DX Notebook PC, when I turn it on, it is only a blue screen. I'm out of state and need my computer, I'm borrowing one now to write to you.
I have no idea what to do, can you help
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)