Question

Student
sextons01
Message 1 of 2 (6,987 Views)

my computer has the wrong ip address how do i change it so i can get better internet searches

i have been trying to search websites and i get some if specific but i don't get others. i am told by our web designer that this is due to the computers having the wrong ip address. i have checked and they do have the wrong ip address, how do i change the ip address to the one that it should be.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (6,985 Views)

Re: my computer has the wrong ip address how do i change it so i can get better internet searches

[ Edited ]

sextons01 wrote:

i have been trying to search websites and i get some if specific but i don't get others. i am told by our web designer that this is due to the computers having the wrong ip address. i have checked and they do have the wrong ip address, how do i change the ip address to the one that it should be.

Hello sextons01, You might try resetting the IP address. I would go to the Start Orb, and in the run box, type cmd, and you should get a black screen with a white blinking cursor.

At the white blinking cursor type ipconfig /release (Notice the space between the ipconfig /)

Then after the screen stops, type ipconfig /renew

Then just to be on the safe side, disconnect power cord on the modem and the router if you have one.

Wait about 10-20 seconds and reconnect the modem power cord and wait until the light stop blinking. Then connect the power cord to the router, if you have one and wait until the light stop blinking.

Then reboot the system and see if your IP address has changed.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation