Question

Honor Student
ulissesB_81
Message 1 of 7 (315 Views)

my laptop keeps coming up with the same error boot device not found error (3fo) don't know what todo

my laptop keeps coming up with the same error boot device not found error (3fo) don't know what todo

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 7 (300 Views)

Re: my laptop keeps coming up with the same error boot device not found error (3fo) don't know what

Test the hard drive then the memory modules, post back the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/How-to-test-RAM-and-HDD-Hard-Drive/td-p/...

Honor Student
ulissesB_81
Message 3 of 7 (296 Views)

Re: my laptop keeps coming up with the same error boot device not found error (3fo) don't know what

it says no hard drive found

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 7 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your hard drive has died and needs replace, then you will need HP recovery media to re-install the Operating System.

Do you have your rcovery media?

Please post your full product Number

Please Do Not post your s/n

HP Product number label.gif

Student
wuzdadilio
Message 5 of 7 (287 Views)

i have the same error. 

what's HP recovery media?  is that something that came in the box?

what's the purpose of posting the product number on the forum?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 6 of 7 (282 Views)

wuzdadilio wrote:

i have the same error. 

what's HP recovery media?  is that something that came in the box?

what's the purpose of posting the product number on the forum?

Product number helps me find relevant information for you specific model, no personal info can be gleaned from this number.

Recovery media can be made on the PC, and you should have been prompted to do it when you first started the PC when new and set it up., It will be needed if you ever need to reinstall the operating system and the hard drive is bad.

You can order it from H{ if you did not make it.

Please start you own "New Post" for your specific problem and model of PC, thanks.

Student
tedy-me
Message 7 of 7 (148 Views)

My laptop keeps coming up with the same error boot device not found error(3fo)don't know what to do? i really need it for work 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation