need sata driver for Hp 630 with product number A6E87EA#ABU, and bios version F.33 (1664 Views)
Top Student
mudbels
Message 1 of 11 (1,664 Views)

need sata driver for Hp 630 with product number A6E87EA#ABU, and bios version F.33

I tried installing windows xp on my new hp 630, it showed blue screen and after slipstreaming the sata driver i downloaded from dis forum its says harddrive not found,,pls can some help mi wit the rite sata driver for dis hp 630 with product number A6E87EA#ABU
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 11 (1,652 Views)

Re: need sata driver for Hp 630 with product number A6E87EA#ABU, and bios version F.33

[ Edited ]

Which OS was delivered with the notebook?

Reinstall the original OS and use a free utility like Speccy to determine which SATA contoller chip is on the systemboard. After you have done that post the chip designation here and  it should be relatively simple to go to the manufacturer of the controller chip to see if a SATA driver for Windows XP is available. 

I know this advice is probably hindsight, but it is always easier to find the drivers before trying to install an operating system that was not preinstalled. 

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
mudbels
Message 3 of 11 (1,645 Views)

Re: need sata driver for Hp 630 with product number A6E87EA#ABU, and bios version F.33

Mr Erico,Thanks for the quick response,,the notebook came with windows 7 ,,and it has been wiped out,,is there any other way out for me please,,i tried loading windows 7 ultimate too,,its also giving error code 0x080070570
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 11 (1,641 Views)

[ Edited ]

Did you make a recovery disk set?

The problem you are having with Windows XP is that Windos XP does not have native SATA drivers built into the operating system. 

I just extracted ( I use WinZip and WinRar) the contents of the sp52183.exe which is the chipset driver for your notebook to peruse the contents for you. I found that there is an ibexahci driver in the package. That is the SATA driver. It may be  what you are looking for with the windows XP install for the F6 driver addition. I saw another one in there called cougahci as well. 

630.png

630sataahci.png

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
mudbels
Message 5 of 11 (1,634 Views)

Thanks so much ,can yu please tell me how to use this,,cos i dont think i can get floppy disk for dis!
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 6 of 11 (1,617 Views)

Hi:

You need to follow the guide at the link below and under the Intel section, you need to follow the guide to slipstream ALL of the Intel AHCI drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/SATA-drivers-for-XP-solution-on-0x000000...

That is because your notebook is very tricky. Some 630 models use the Intel series 5 AHCI controller and some use the Intel series 6 controller.

I have attached the drivers you need to slipstream below.

Paul

Top Student
mudbels
Message 7 of 11 (1,592 Views)

Great thanks to yu all Paul and Erico,,i used both both ideas and it worked ,made me to format and load xp after slipstreaming,,, but it hanged when its 13 minutes to finalize setup at registering component,i then switched off the notebook, while i restarted the setup,,it then stopped at 2minutes to finished setup showing blue screen with 'beginning physical memory dump .....please help!!
Top Student
mudbels
Message 8 of 11 (1,586 Views)

Tried installing setup again,,same blue screen at registering component, shoing beginning dump of physical memory,physical memory dump complete,,,please help!!!
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 9 of 11 (1,569 Views)

Hi:

I wish I could help but I don't have any idea why the installation is crashing.

You have slipstreamed the AHCI drivers correctly or you would never have gotten that far.

Is it possible one of your memory modules is faulty?  Pull one and try running the installation. If it crashes, pull the other memory chip and replace it with the first one you removed.

That happened to me once where I couln't get the OS to install. It kept crashing along different installation  points. Turned out to be a bad memory module.

Paul

Top Student
mudbels
Message 10 of 11 (1,568 Views)

Thanks bt the system memory module came with jst whole 4g,,,the slipstreaming was successful,,,am fed up and stuck rite now!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation