Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i am using HP pavilion g62101TU 32 bit o.s. My wifi key which is f12 is showing red and the network adapter is invisible in the device manager tab. as a result i am not able to access internet from my laptop.

Kindly come up with any solution.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi, shehel123, I'm gonna see if I can give you a hand. First off, what OS are you using? Just in case it's Windows 8, here's a document on troubleshooting WiFi connections with Windows 8. It's appropriately titled Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎. If that helps, great! If not, let me know what your OS is and I'll see if I can give you better info.

Thanks!

Fenian Frank
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Sorry.Windows 7 it is
HP Recommended

No problem. So this document will probably work better for you. Give your WiFi connection a troubleshooting run-through with this information and if THAT doesn't work, again, I'll see what else I can do! Good luck. HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network (Windows 7)

Fenian Frank
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

Is there a Network Controller device listed under an Other Devices category in the device manager?

If so, then that is the wireless card in need of a driver.

If you see that device, please do the following and I will post the link to the driver it needs...

Go to the device manager, find the Other Devices category, and click on the Network Controller needing drivers.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the network controller window.

Now you see a Property drop down list and it is defaulted to Device Description.

Drop down on that and select the second item on the list (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that begin with PCI\VEN

If you don't see the model of the wireless card listed under the network adapters category in the device manager and you don't see a Network Controller device, then most likely the wireless card has died on you and needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended
The top string goes like
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_1795103C&REV_01
HP Recommended
What should I do next
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Thanks Paul. Its working fine. Appreciate the response.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.