Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

no sound after installing windows 8 on my hp 620 help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I cannot find your audio driver on HP's support page, but I was able to locate this one, which is the same driver as yours, just the most recent version. According to what is listed, it supports Windows 8. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

http://goo.gl/0IMBd
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
Try downloading the HP Support Assistant at the following link: http://goo.gl/g3aGV

Let me know if that helps or not.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
thanx alot but still it did not work.any other solutions cause now i feel like going back to windows 7
HP Recommended
I cannot find your audio driver on HP's support page, but I was able to locate this one, which is the same driver as yours, just the most recent version. According to what is listed, it supports Windows 8. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

http://goo.gl/0IMBd
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanx alot this worked i now have sound.

HP Recommended

how did you do?
what drivers you have installed?

HP Recommended

Not working for me with those drivers on my HP 620. Plz help!

HP Recommended

sound has stop whats with this windows 8.help

HP Recommended

Hello,

I had the same issue with a Win8 64bit download. The solution was to switch to Win8 32bit. All sound works fine with 32bit. How to get it? You need to install a Win7 32bit version on your Notebook (just download one from the net), because the Win8 installer discover the version you had before and then installs the same bit version. After I had installed the 32bit version I could use the link from my Win8 invoice and the installed set-up Win832bit automatically. Now everything works fine, just the disadvantage of the 32bit systems...

HP Recommended

Hi I have the same problem. I have an HP 620 Notebook which i have just upgraded to Windows 8 Pro 64bit.  I was using the RC version and my sound was just fine. Now i have no sound although everything seems to be fine. When i check my audio devices i am told everything is working correctly yet i get no sound. I have tried downloading all sorts of drivers but this has not helped one bit.  

I have downloaded the driver suggested on this forum thread but i can't seem to be able to apply it as windows keeps telling me the latest and best driver is already installed.  How do i get windows to accept the new driver?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.