Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This did not work for my DV7T on a fresh install of Windows7 64-bit prof...

I've installed everything on the drivers page.. but I have 2 unknowns... one is this one and the other is "Unknown on PCI bus"

Help!

HP Recommended

Anyone?

HP Recommended

Try download from HP support site 'ENE CIR Receiver Driver'. I had the same problem and after installing this, the problem disappeared.

HP Recommended

Thank you I have had the same issue and the "ENE CIR Receiver Driver" did fix my issue with "

on Intel(R) PM55 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller - 3B03"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  I was having the same issue.

HP Recommended

hi

i have the same problem, i install the 2 link u said and nothing. The problem persists. I have w7 32 bits. can u help me pls?

thanks

Miguel Silva

HP Recommended

Hello,  I have "Pavilion dv6t" and I upgraded my Win7 Professional to Win7 Ultimate 64-bit and I am having the same trouble with "Unknown device"  Location: on Intel(R) PM55 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller - 3B03  tried the link  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45016.exe does not work.  Pls. Assist in resolving this Unknown device.

HP Recommended

I have a HP DV8, running Win7 Prof _x64.  The driver that appears to have resolved this error condition is the HP SP http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45009.exe ,  You may receive a warning that the certificate is out of date, however, it will resolve the issue.  The SP description is: "This is a self-extracting compressed file that contains the windows7 driver for ENE CIR Receiver."

HP Recommended

I have same issue and have downloaded the driver and rebotted etc twice but no go.

1. Hardware IDs are as below:

ACPI\VEN_ENE&DEV_0100

ACP\ENE0100

*ENE0100

I have similiar issue with my Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250,

2. Hardware IDs:

USB\VID_8086&PID_0186&REV_0000

USB\VID_8086&PID_086

I have Windows 8 & Windows 7 64-BIT installed.  This issue is on Windows 8 side.  I have not checked Windows 7 yet. and will come back to report on that...

HP Recommended
Issue #1 resolved with the help of post above my issue. The driver that appears to have resolved this error condition is the HP SP http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45009.exe , You may receive a warning that the certificate is out of date, however, it will resolve the issue. The SP description is: "This is a self-extracting compressed file that contains the windows7 driver for ENE CIR Receiver."
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.