Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Greetings. I just recently had to do a clean install of windows 7 64 bit on a pavilion 15t-n200 notebook pc and discovered to my distress that the drivers page for this model doesn't have all the drivers such as display, ethernet, audio, and a few others that aren't installed. Support assistant doesn't recognize the missing drivers but they are shown as missing in device manager and don't come up with any microsoft updates either. Any help would be helpful. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Most of the Windows 7 drivers from the HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC Drivers page should work on your computer. After installing these drivers, post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for all remaining missing or unknown devices as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Most of the Windows 7 drivers from the HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC Drivers page should work on your computer. After installing these drivers, post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for all remaining missing or unknown devices as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Thanks. That got most of them. The display drivers didn't work so no aero desktop and the cyberlink webcam software needs it. Also the unknown device is a mystery. Thanks again and if you can figure out the display that would be great.

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Hi:

If your model has the AMD Radeon HD 8670M there are no W7 drivers for that GPU.

You can try the latest AMD Mobility Catalyst Beta driver at the link below and see if that works for you.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

You probably need this driver for the unknown dev.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-124661-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

HP Recommended

Before I did the reinstall the graphics worked fine including the aero feature. Is there any way to find out what graphics chip it uses? Unfortunately I don't remember. Again thanks for the help. Any clue why hp doesn't supply all the drivers for this model?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the display adapters category.

Then click on the standard vga adapter.  At the top of the window, click on the Details tab.

Now you see a Property drop down list.

Device Description is the default label.

Drop down on the device description and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

That will id the manufacturer and model of the device.

If your model has the amd radeon 8670, HP did not release W7 graphics drivers for it.

I have given forum members the 8670 W7x64 graphics drivers from comparable Dell and Lenovo notebooks and they didn't work on the HP models for whatever reason.

HP Recommended

Here it is:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_2163103C&REV_09

I think it might be Intel HD. Let me know. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You're right.

It is the Intel HD graphics driver.

What Intel processor does your model have?

HP Recommended

Intel Core i5-4200u CPU @ 1.60 Hz

HP Recommended

Looks like I got it all. Thanks for your help. Now if HP would get a clue and put all the drivers for this model on the same page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.