Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OK I JUST FINISHED THIS DV4 IN AM NOW FACING THE SAME ISSUE I HAVE REPLACE EVERY PART ON THIS THIS THING BUT THE BATTERY

IN STILL THE SAME THING  I HAVE RESON TO BELIEVE THE IT MAY B A ONBORD ISSUE HP IS ACTING AS IF THEY DONT NO BUT ITS THERE MECHINE I KNOW THEY KNOW.

HP Recommended
Mukrams my comp is binking in a sequence of two. Plz help
HP Recommended
Thank you for the information. I fixed my issue. It was exactly as you described to the T !! Once I removed the plastic piece located between the screen and keyboard. There it was on the left side rubbing up against the hinge this is definitely a design flaw. After a little adjustment it works perfect again. Thanks for your knowledge !!

HP Recommended
What is blinking sequence? I have single blink repeating ... Screen is out... Did the battery thing and no change.
HP Recommended

Same problem here. The screen flickers and most of the time goes white until twisted/pressured on one side so it seem to be a connection faulty.

Any chance we can replace the connection cord, or has to go the complete screen?

By the way forgot to mention my dv4 is just 15 months old, and it has not been used everyday. So this product is faulty, it is designed to last 12 months max.

I am a kind of tech guy and all my friends and family ask for an advice when it comes to computers. I can assure you that no one will ever bay a hp product anymore, if they ask for my advice.

Do you have any idea how frusrating and costly is for someone with no data backup to replace the laptop after 13 months?

HP Recommended

Looks like I've also fallen victim to the same problem...

Before buying replacement parts, is there any type of troubleshooting procedure to isolate the faulty part?

Basically I have an image on the screen but very faint in the background with no illumination. Connection to an external display works fine. It used to be occasional that it failed and returned after a few seconds, now it seems to have gone away permanently. How can I tell which part is faulty?

Pavilion g7 1075dx

HP Recommended

One more client with the same problem here (screen gone blank). Obviously HP is not going to do anything about it, after how many years of complaints?? 

HP Recommended
Hi. Same problem. The blinking sequence is once. What is the problem in this case. I have a dv4-2140us. Please help
HP Recommended

I have a pavillion dv-7 and need to know how to get into the wire raceway (where the hinges are) between the lap top and the monitor

HP Recommended
I have a hp envy4 1058tx sleekbook. Yesterday when I was working, it shut off suddenly & since then it doesn't start again. Whenever I press the power button, it seems to get the power & the Power & Caps Lock buttons are kept blinking all the time but the screen remains black & cooling fan stops working.
What should I do?
Plz rply
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.