Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP should have a recall in this unit, because it was not just 1 or ten its a lot. We should have take action or else Hp will just ignore us. This laptop is not just $100 but a thousand dolar.

RECALL! RECALL! RECALL!

HP Recommended

THE PRODUCT IS JUNK.  Unless you want to drop another $400 to fix it they wont help. I have gone thru 4 different HP notebooks. First two I had to return within days of getting.  The 3rd lasted maybe two years ha within the first year the battery went out twice and now the junk wont turn on..it powers on only I get a lovely black screen.  To make matters worse right before mine went out I bought my mom one as a gift. She has  had it 6mo and it has been to the shop twice.  All that trouble with THEIR products and all they could do was say sorry we can fix it for $175 instead of $400. Sorry but um I gave you $2k and now you want more HAHA NO!!! SO  I am going to speak up. I understand every product has its errors from time to time but REALLY 4 DIFFERENT laptops? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I will never buy a HP product again. I say if you also have trouble speak up...make change.  If anyone does buy a HP make sure you buy warranty and make sure you do not let it expire. Mine did and I was never notified to extend it and now I am out $1200 computer and I refuse to give them any more of my money.  Lucky for the computer my mom has it still has 6 more mo of warranty then after that ha I wish her luck.  

HP Recommended

facing the same problem with right hinge..Hp coustomer care saying u must have dropped your laptop.Bt they are not ready to take this as defect in design.As many other users are facing the same problem.If i would have dropped it the processor motherboard other intenal parts must not be working properly.Bt laptop is working fine.Bt not able to close the screen.I hope HP does consider this matter and take it in account.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Strong support to take lawsuit action! I will come back to see how many people will join in!

HP Recommended

Mine is 2 years old an went black a week ago. Is replacing HP PAVILION DV4 LCD DISPLAY CABLE

the way to go.

HP Recommended

I found the way to go...I bought a Mac. Im very happy and I have  heard wonderful things from people who have had the same one for years with NO problems. You may drop some cash now but better than paying hundreds of $$ fixing JUNK every few months.  

HP Recommended

Its JUNK. We all need to stand up and make change. HP needs to recall it.

HP Recommended

All,

Please list the model numbers of your notebook PCs.  The dv4 series has many different hardware configurations.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
My laptop is the HP Pavillion dv4-1225dx. From what I've read, I'm having the same problem that everyone else is having- screen only displays sporadically, and flickers most of the time when it's on. When I press the power button to turn the computer on, it takes at least 20 mins for the screen to do anything or for Windows to run. I've tried pressing and holding the power button to reset the computer. That doesn't help. Can you help?!
HP Recommended

I am OUTRAGED by this inaction on HP's part.  This is the first and LAST HP I will ever spend my money on!

Ive had this laptop (HP pavillion dv4-1225dx)  for just over 2 years and don't even use it that often.  When i do want to use it it should WORK PROPERLY.

I spent 45 minutes talking to an HP rep to finally conclude with this statement:

me:  "So, you're telling me that after I spent over $600 on this laptop, and have treated it with kid-gloves and not dropped it once, and its overheating due to HP's faulty manufacturing and terrible design, I'm SCREWED and have to pay to fix your faulty product??"

HP rep: "uh.."

me: "am i correct?"

HP rep: "yes mam. You're no longer under warranty"

I KNOW IM NOT UNDER WARRANTY. Holy crap. the HP rep must have reminded me about this a dozen times during our conversation. Warranty or no warranty HP should either REIMBURSE or REPLACE these LEMONS with a product that does what it is supposed to without self-inflicting problems on itself.  It's like HP planned that all these would start having problems RIGHT after our warranties were up.  

This is NOT FAIR. We should be taking ACTION against HP. I'll be filing a complaint with the FTC and if you are having problems with the DV4 I suggest you do the same.

I have 2 Dell laptops that are 6 years old and HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS.  I'll never purchase another HP product again. I'm all for DELL from now on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.