Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

By The Way..

"Almost every purchase you make is covered by an implied warranty.  The most common type of implied warranty — a 'warranty of merchantability,' means that the seller promises that the product will do what it is supposed to do."

-FTC

DEAR HP,

APPARENTLY I DO STILL HAVE A WARRANTY ON YOUR PRODUCT, ITS JUST ONE YOU HOPED I WOULDN'T BRING UP.

HP Recommended

I'm a college student. I bought my dv4 during my first semester at my current school (Fall 2008). Apparently, I am one of the lucky ones- my computer only recently started acting up. I'm frustrated beyond belief. From what I've gathered, to properly fix the problem, I'll have to spend at least $200. When I purchased my HP, I could've spent that extra $200 to get a Mac Book, which is what I really wanted anyway. Shame on me for settling.

I also purchased an HP printer, which lasted all of 6 months. I will never buy another HP product.

HP Recommended

Well my DV4 just failed, its funny how a 3 year old computer will just stop working when it is only lightly used.  It started with a screen flicker, then the screen went totally black, and the caps and numbers light blink once, which I read is a CPU failure.  I am dreading calling HP support and hearing what they have to say and how much this is going to cost me.  Wasn't there some lawsuit that was recently won, concerning HP and their video cards failing?

HP Recommended

Hi Pdunk25,

What is the model number for your DV4?

Thanks.

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

HP Recommended
Dv4 1313dx
HP Recommended

Bump

HP Recommended

I have the same HP product issue and same feeling as you

More actions, more power!

HateP- Hate HP

HP Recommended

Im not sure....I put it in the trash where it belongs.  The only model I know HP to have is crap..I mean really I had four different styles and they all had problems.Does it really matter? Im done asking HP for help and I'm done messing with it. I am only here to make a point and help others avoid the same problem.  

HP Recommended

I had four or five blinks then it would stop and then blink again 4 or 5 times...on my keyboard. My computer will power on but the screen remains black.   What do u think the problem is?

HP Recommended

Robin-

The problem is that HP makes faulty products.

😄

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.