06-27-2014 09:19 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your Compaq Presario CQ42-450TU Notebook and needing drivers to update to Windows 8. The first thing you need to do is check the Windows Compatibility Center for a check. Not all Notebooks are compatible with Windows 8. The drivers should automatically update once you do the download. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. The HP Support Assistant will help with the wireless updating drivers on your Windows.
Hope this helps.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)