Question

Honor Student
SorenBeck
Message 1 of 5 (2,950 Views)

problem: HP Tools Drive E running out of space on new hp dv6

Hallo

I have a new (one month old) hp pavillon dv6 which suddenly being slow and show message saying that drive E:/HPTool is nearly full. the only thing I can find in HPTool that fills a lot is a file called rootfs, it fill 2,19 GB.

The E: patision says that 4.248.592.384 byte / 3,95 GB is used and that there are 3.383.296 byte / 3,22 MB free.

What do i do ? can I erase the file named "rootfs" ?

The path to "rootfs" are:   HPTOOLS(E:smileyhappy:>Hewleth-Packard>Quickweb>rootfs

I need a simple answer because I´m not a computer expert:smileyindifferent:

Kind regards

Soren

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (2,946 Views)

Re: problem: HP Tools Drive E running out of space on new hp dv6

Hi,

Please use this to fix:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01508532&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 5 (2,946 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Banhien: He is far more likely to have Windows 7 installed as an OS, not Vista. His is a new notebook.

Do not make any changes to the partitioning scheme unless you don't mind losing the ability to use System Recovery  from the F11 key.

The following images are to serve as an example for you.

Open the control Panel-->click on System and the in the System windows click on system protection. In System properties select the HP_Tools E: partition as I selected the Data D: partition and select the turn off protection option in the system protection window and then select apply and OK. Your notebook's HP_Tools E:smileytongue:artition will now no longer fill up.

system protection.PNG

system protection1.PNG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
SorenBeck
Message 4 of 5 (2,940 Views)

When I go into system protection I only see local disk C and recovery D, the E drive HPTOOLS are not shown in the listing ?????

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 5 (2,931 Views)

SorenBeck wrote:

When I go into system protection I only see local disk C and recovery D, the E drive HPTOOLS are not shown in the listing ?????

The issue you are facing  was resolved for another member  by HP Expert Member MumboDog in this thread. It will be well worth your time to read the thread completely.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation