Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Last couple days, I have been getting the error msg: " HP TOOLS Drive E: running out of space... " then something about pls CLICK here to find out the free up some space... I click and the only thing listed is the RECYCLE BIN  which is empty...

Thank you in advance for any help on this!

:Crying:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, that is the problem, system restore should Not be turned on for Drive E

Turn it off, here is how.

Control Panel (icon view) > System > System Protection (left side)

When the popup opens and populates, highlight drive E: in the "protection settings" box and then click "configure", a new window opens, then tick "turn off system protection" then click ok to close all windows, close control panel.

This will prevent future low disk space for E:

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try this link might help you to resolve your issue. Please revert back incase you have any question.

Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying - I will check the link and report back! tks!

HP Recommended

My Computer screens-  do not look like the screens used in the link you provided...

I have windows 7. Version 6.1 Service Pack 1  

HP pavillion notebook dv7

On the one screen - where I can change the Disc to save Backups to -

there is a choice of C: Drive or E: Drive ... and it looks like C drive is already highlighted.

There was also a place where it said "Turn off notifications about .... " (low disc space)

I CLICKED on this but NOTHING happened!

If you need more info pls let me know!

Thank you!

Kim

HP Recommended

Can you see any files or folders on E drive?

If so, what are they?

HP Recommended

Tks for replying.... There are 5  ICONS when I open  the "HP TOOLS E: Drive" which are:

1. HEWLETT- PACKARD

these are the files within HP folder

• BIOS
  • BIOS UPDATE
  • Quick Web
  • System Diags

2.     KIM-HP

3.   HP_WSD.dat

4.  HPSF-rep

5.  MediaID.bin

Thank you again! I am lost on this one!

Kim

Queen Annes Lace :generic:

HP Recommended

What is in the KIM-HP folder?

HP Recommended

OHHHH!!!!  I just opened the KIM-HP file and theres a lot of restore pts - on just ONE date there are 17 files and

over 1 GB in size!!! IS this all just ONE restore pt ??? they all have same date

THANK YOU!

HP Recommended

There is only 1 date for back ups---- I did click on something somewhere earlier to delete ALL but MOST RECENT restore pts...

Maybe I need to RESTART computer now....

thank you!

HP Recommended

Ok, that is the problem, system restore should Not be turned on for Drive E

Turn it off, here is how.

Control Panel (icon view) > System > System Protection (left side)

When the popup opens and populates, highlight drive E: in the "protection settings" box and then click "configure", a new window opens, then tick "turn off system protection" then click ok to close all windows, close control panel.

This will prevent future low disk space for E:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.